What information do we collect?
We collect information from you when you fill out a website form to:
- Subscribe to our newsletter for UARC news and updates.
- Place an order at UARC’s merchandise store.
- Apply as a volunteer.
- Make a tax-deductible, nonprofit donation.
- Take action on one of our online petitions or action alerts.
When subscribing, ordering, registering or donating on our site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your: first and last name; email address; mailing address; phone number. You will only be asked for this information when filling out a form. You may always visit our site anonymously.
UARC uses PayPal & Stripe for donations and does not collect or store credit card information or any data related to financial identity and security. PayPal maintains its own privacy/security policy. If you have questions or concerns about privacy/security when ordering or donating to UARC via PayPal or Stripe, please contact PayPal directly.
PayPal is a TRUSTe licensee. You may contact PayPal TRUSTe by completing the form located at: http://watchdog.truste.com/pvr.php?page=complaint Or you may contact PayPal by writing to — PayPal, Attn: Privacy Department, P.O. Box 45950, Omaha, NE 68145-0950.
What do we use for information for?
Any information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested, to fulfill your request to subscribe UARC’s mail list for periodic and infrequent email bulletins on animal alerts, news, updates and disaster aid. NOTE: If at any time you wish to unsubscribe from UARC’s email list, we provide a link to Unsubscribe from this email list in each e-newsletter sent. Simply click on it. If for any reason you continue to receive emails after you click the unsubscribe link, you may re-sign up at the bottom of this page.
- To send periodic emails. The email address you provide at time you place an order, subscribe to our mail list, or submit a form may be used to send you information, respond to inquiries, and other requests or questions.
How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you subscribe to our email list, place an order, or submit any form that asks for your personal information.
- After a transaction, your private information (credit cards, social security numbers, financials, etc.) will not be asked for or stored on our servers.
A cookie is a small file placed onto your device. Cookies enable us to identify your device, and enable the functioning of many UARC features. If you don’t want to receive cookies, you can change your browser settings. If you use UARC without changing your browser settings, we’ll assume that you’re happy to receive all cookies on the UARC website. Please note that the UARC site will not work properly without cookies.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information.
This does not include trusted third parties, such as PayPal to process orders or donations at our website, who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property, or safety.
Third party links:
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
To contact UARC:
UARC is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization (EIN: 38-3973811). UARC is also registered with the Utah Division of Consumer Protection as a recognized charity (Registration Number 9888009-CHAR).
UARC email: firstname.lastname@example.org
PO Box 3451
Salt Lake City, UT 84110